It takes someone very special to become an Advantage Transportation driver. Our goal to become the best driver team in the industry has lead to a systematic process of hiring that is difficult. In fact, many who apply do not meet our standards.
First and foremost is safety. Each of our drivers must pass a rigorous background screening that far exceeds the state regulatory requirements and is the most comprehensive in the industry. All of our drivers participate in a comprehensive orientation and training program before they can provide services to any of our clients. Training is important at Advantage, annually every driver must complete a minimum of 8 hours of continuing education. Finally, each of our drivers are bonded and insured beyond state minimums.
Supervision and oversight of our drivers is provided by our Chief Executive of Operations. Our CEO visits with clients determining client satisfaction for services provided. Clients, families and care givers are encouraged to participate in driver's survey's that feeds into the overall annual evaluation of each driver.
Beyond screenings and checks, we insist that all drivers hired must be kind, loving and compassionate. They must love giving care because they make a difference in people’s lives every day. The stories we hear from drivers of love, hope and determination makes coming to work a real pleasure. Driving is not a job, it is a calling and our employees exemplify that concept every day.
Why Choose Advantage?
- 24/7, weekend and holiday transport
- Dedicated service area - 300 mile radius of Kansas City Metropolitan area
- Same day pick up for all needs including emergency room Transportation
- Wheelchair or scooter lift/ramp capability
- Curbside or bedside assistance
- Uniformed Driver's, CPR Trained and insured according to DOT standards
- Drug and alcohol free workplace
- We openly seek feedback from our clients through our Rider Satisfaction Survey.
- Our vehicles are clean, smoke free and ADA compliant.
- Our handicapped-accessible vehicles are commercially insured and professionally equipped.
- Our wheelchair vans have automatic hydraulic lifts with raised roofs and doors. For the comfort of our passengers, all of our vehicles are climate controlled
- We are an Equal Opportunity employer and equal access transportation service.
- Our drivers are trained in:
• CPR • First Aid • Defensive Driving, NSC (National Safety Council) • Passenger Assistance and Sensitivity, CTAA (Community Transport Association of America)
What our clients say.
The best way to get to know us is through our clients’ perspective. Our clients and their loved ones have had firsthand experience with Advantage Transportation and have been kind enough to share their thoughts.
"They made me feel at ease. All the drivers at Advantage Transpiration are excellent. The drivers are pleasant and they do great work. They smile when they come to work."
Lana, age 82, KS
"The drivers at Advantage Transpiration are blue ribbon workers. They are dependable, thoughtful and are always in communication with us."
Patsy, age 77, KS
"Thanks again for calling me right away when I submitted the quote for my parents last night. Your organization seems to be running very professionally with great attention to detail."
Son of Wayne
"Thank you so very much. Advantage Transportation – you helped us more than you will ever know. I will share it with others."